Friday, September 12, 2008

Serging....



I've had a serger for several years, but never had any success sewing with it. Pulled it out once a couple years ago and no matter what I did, the stitching never worked. Lately I've been thinking that it would be nice if I could figure out how the darn thing works so I could use it to finish off the insides of clothing. Well, today was a success!! YIPPEE!! I haven't gotten much done today except for figuring out how the serger works, but I'm OK with that. I started a Colts dress for my little 17 month old last night, but wanted to finish it off right. Thanks to a kind person on SewForum who told me where to find the manual (I lost mine and without it I was clueless what each dial adjusted). Once I found the manual and read through a bunch of it, it all made sense. I'm guessing a couple years ago when I tried to get it to work I didn't have the manual either (or maybe my brain just wasn't working that day). Take a look at my nice seams!! They aren't perfect and may need a little more adjusting, but I'm excited!!

No comments: