Monday, July 14, 2008

Potty training

As you may know from reading other posts, my son is three and still wearing diapers. I can't wait for him to be potty trained and keep trying different things to get him more interested in potty training. My friend's daughter, who is basically the same age as my son (only about 1 1/2 months older) was fully potty trained by the time she was two. She didn't have to do anything to train her, she just decided on her own she didn't want to wear diapers any more. I've been trying to get my son interest for quite some time and he just fights is, so I've tried not to push too much. I offer for him to sit on the potty at different times throughout the day. Well, today was an extremely successful day. He went pee pee on the potty three times. I'm so excited!! This is a big step for him. We've been giving him a little dinosaur for each time he goes on the potty. It works some times, but not others. Today he seemed really excited about going and sat without much of a fight three times and went pee pee each time. He went before going over to our friends to go swimming, before his bath and one more time before bed. He fought a little before each one, but when I reminded him he would get to go swimming if he went and the other times he would get a dinosaur if he went he hopped right on the toilet. Have I said how excited I am. Now I just need to get him to go when he feels like he has to go and not be prompted! Tomorrow we are aiming for four times on the potty. Wish us luck!!

No comments: