Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Potty time....

I have a three year old (turned 3 the end of April) and a 15 month old. If you asked me a year and half ago I would have told you my son would be potty trained by the time he was two. It didn't matter what others told me (everybody said, "boys take longer") I just didn't want to believe it. At the time I was pregnant with my daughter and others told me I was crazy to even think about it, not just because he was a boy, but because I was pregnant and wouldn't have the energy to potty train him. Everybody was right.... as I got bigger and had less energy and my son got closer to 2 I just didn't have it in me to potty train him. At one point he seemed a little interested in potty training, wanted to sit on the little potty often, but that phase passed and he is no longer interested. I'm tired on changing diapers! Many have asked if he has regular times he goes potty and up until today I said no, but around 10:00 this morning, both kids had yucky diapers. So, tomorrow after breakfast, around 10:00 BOTH kids are sitting on the potty! I'm determined by the time my youngest is 2 they will both no longer be in diapers!! And on top the many diapers changes I do each day I'm tired of the amount of sheets and pajamas he goes through. Most mornings his pajamas are wet, which in most cases means his sheets are wet too. Now, off to wash those sheets!

1 comment:

Mommy's Boot Camp said...

Good luck.. as for bedtime & sheet wetting try "goodnights" (don't buy no name they don't work as well) they are a lot more absorbent & save the sheets/mattress & your back from having to change the beds.. They cost a little more but during the transition they are worth EVERY PENNY..