Monday, April 27, 2009

Ouch!

Today was a fun day of working outside! The kids played for hours in the dirt (pictures will be posted as soon as my husband sends them to me....they were really dirty) while I dug up an area in front of the front porch. I'm turning this area into a garden and it needed all the weeds and grass out. I can't say all the grass is out, but it is turned under and I pulled out a lot of the big weeds. I also found lots of large rocks, some pieces of wood, an empty water bottle and various other things left by the lovely contractors who built our house and graded our lawn! I really wish I had a tiller!!! A 6+ hour job done with a shovel would have gone much faster with the tiller and I'd hope I wouldn't be nearly as sore!! I'm REALLY looking forward to my chiropractor appointment in the morning!! Besides the sore body, I got a little too much sun on my shoulders, arms and neck the last couple days. I've put aloe on it several times hoping to prevent peeling, but I'm not counting on it!! Next step is to finish digging up the garden area in front of the garage and dig up the area I want to be the garden on the other side of the front porch. Oh, and then the beds out in the front yard. Lots and lots of work left to do, but it will get done! I spent some time this weekend, with my parents visiting, talking about and looking at different trees and shrubs for my gardens and yard. I need to figure out what I'm going to buy and get them soon. Sam's has a bunch of different kinds of trees for $12.98 each, so I think we will be buying several to plant this year. Having a new house means lots of landscaping. This year I am focusing on the front yard (grass too) and then move onto the side yards and back yards if time allows late summer or fall or it could be next year! Tomorrow I need to call around to get pricing on topsoil and mulch and set that up to be delivered!

No comments: