Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Sewing

So, I haven't gotten any sewing done the last 2+ weeks. Last week my Mom, niece and nephew were visiting, so the week was devoted to doing fun stuff with the kids. I had hoped to get some sewing done in the evenings after the kids were in bed, but I was just too exhausted (and I think a little burned out) and didn't work on anything in the evenings. My Mom and I did play around with material for the quilt (she is making), bed skirt and valances (I'll be making) for my daughter's room and also shopped at Hobby Lobby and JoAnn's. So, we didn't totally neglect crafts. My Mom did tie died shirts with the kids and they also worked on a stepping stone to create a memory from our beach trip in July. It was a fun, but exhausting, week and we look forward to doing it again next year. This was year number 2.....last year was at my parents' house, this year my house and next probably at my parents' again.

I spent the first couple days this week getting things back in order from last week, organizing some garage sale stuff and catching up on laundry. Laundry is mostly finished (washed, folded, just need to finish putting away). Downstairs is in pretty good order now (except for the toys the kids like to leave around the house), just need to do some vacuuming and scrubbing/steaming the floors. I'll have to clean the bathrooms again at the end of the week, but for now I don't plan on doing much more than running the vacuum and maybe spot cleaning the tile floors. The garage sale stuff is better organized (not taking up so much of my craft room), clothes sent home with my brother for my nephew and clothes/shoes for my kids to grow into are back in the storage closet. I'm making progress.

Today I'm going to work on some sewing. I've got 2 tops to make for 2 special little girls who have been patiently waiting for their birthday presents (one since March and the other since May). I've been so busy and they moved to the other side of town, so nothing has pushed me to get these done. I did promise the youngest I would have her's finished before Kindergarten started (1st day is Tuesday), so that is my push for getting them done this week! I let her pick out the pattern and picked up the fabrics last week at Hobby Lobby. I also have 3 orders I would like to get done this week, one I need to get done ASAP for a friend of mine from MOPS (a NOOK sleeve for her husband's birthday). Another order from a friend for a child size robe, a tooth fairy pillow and a blanket (I made a blanket for her daughter when she was born and she has loved the blanket so much that it is falling apart...luckily I have one piece of the fabric left so I can make a duplicate blanket). The last is a stuffed frog softie.

I guess I better get lunches made and then onto sewing!

Have a wonderful day!!

No comments: