Saturday, July 11, 2009

4th of July outfits

I planned on making the kids some matching outfits for the 4th of July and finally got around to it just a few days before the 4th. The 4th was so rushed I didn't get a chance to get the kids in the outfits, but still wanted to share. The owl on the shirt and the dress is from Sewing for Sarah Embroidery (http://www.sewingforsarahembroidery.com/). She has some really cute designs (which I have a ton of!!)!! My son wore the owl shirt with a pair of jean shorts, but my daughter had to have a totally matching outfit. The dress is my own design. I took the top of an a-line dress and added two layers for the skirt of the dress. This was the first time I've made this dress, but I'm sure I will be making more! :-) I also made some matching bloomers to go with the dress, which I LOVE! I really like these bloomers (they are longer than the other bloomers I've made) and plan on making more! Please excuse the wrinkles....I just got pictures today after they came out of the dryer. I'll probably have the kids in these outfits tomorrow, so hopefully I can get some cute pictures of them!

1 comment:

The Duckworth Family said...

oh my gosh, those are superbly cute!