Saturday, August 9, 2008

Success....

As you may know, my mom was visiting this past week. She was here an entire week and was a HUGE help!! You may also know my 3 year old has not been potty trained. Waiting to move in the new house has delayed the process by a year, but this past week, with a lot of help from my mom, we worked on potty training. It went great and he is now in underwear during the day and diaper at night. Up until today it was still up to me to make sure he sat on the potty when he had to go. He still hasn't pooped on the potty because he does it before I'm actually out of bed in the morning. Finally this afternoon he jumped up when we were watching the Olympics and said he had to go to the bathroom. I sent him to the bathroom on his own. He chose to use the downstairs bathroom, which doesn't have a potty sit and he did GREAT! He really did have to go and I was so proud of him!! Now, we just need to get him to tell us every time he has to go!! Tomorrow is a new day, so I'm hoping he will tell us each time he has to go. Wish us luck!!

No comments: