Thursday, August 21, 2008

Kiddos....

My little big boy is doing great on potty training and my little 16 month old girl is working hard on potty training too! It is amazing how much more interested girls/2nd children are in potty training. My son showed a little interest before and around 2, but we never made much progress until just a couple weeks ago. I don't know if it's due to the focus on potty training with my son, but my daughter wants to sit on the potty any time I ask her or any time she sees big brother sitting on the potty. She's pee peed on the potty twice now, but there have been a couple times I know she would have gone if I just got her on the potty quickly after getting her diaper off. We are now trying to set a routine of sitting her on the potty before baths and bedtime. She's so cute when I ask her if she wants to sit on the potty. She runs to the bathroom and impatiently waits for me to get the potty seat out to put on the toilet. She doesn't like sitting on the potty that sits on the floor.... probably because big brother won't use it anymore either. Big brother continues to do well. He had a few accidents over the weekend when my in laws were visiting, but I'm going to guess it was because he was so distracted by his grandparents visit. After a couple days we are back to no accidents. He even woke up dry Tuesday morning and I'm guessing if I got up when he woke up at 7:45 this morning he would have been dry again. When I asked him to take his diaper off, sit on the potty and then put underwear on he refused and I was just too tired and achy to get out of bed and deal with him!

1 comment:

Mommy's Boot Camp said...

its about time you blog again!!