Friday, March 21, 2008

Spring has sprung!!

Yesterday was the first day of spring and what a beautiful day it was! Unfortunately I spent the day running errands with the kids! Today, while I was trying to get myself out of bed, my friend called to see if we wanted to join her, her 3 girls and another friend, who happened to have the day off, and her two kids for a walk. It sounded great, but I needed to get my day going before I committed to meeting up with them. Pulled myself out of bed, got the kids up, changed diapers and while I nursed my daughter called my friend back to tell her we were in for the walk. Boy, am I glad we joined them. Not only did I get to hang out with two great friends, I got some exercise and so did the kids after we all ate lunch. Time with our friends always flies by and almost 3 1/2 hours later we are pulling out of the parking lot from where our walk began. It really felt good and although it was a little cool when we started, the weather quickly warmed up and we started peelilng off the clothing. Even my son, who loves to wear his coat, took his coat off because he was warm!! And another great thing about having the kids outside for hours is they took extra long naps.... 3+ hours!! I'm looking forward to more nice days and more days of walking on the trail.

No comments: