Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Living with an almost 3 and 1 year old...

These last few days have been very long! We are in the process of building a house and just put our current house on the market last week. Building the house has been a long ongoing projects for close to a year and a half. Long story short, our original builder was fired for basically letting the house sit and not doing much of anything.... we got tired of the excuses and seeing not progress!! So, we signed with a new builder the middle of December and it took approximately two months for him to get things going because he was trying to find out from the city if there was any way possible to hook into the sewer (which we were told we could and has turned out we can't!!). The city works slow and it took them forever to get out to our land to make a determination.

All weekend my husband was out at the house dropping wire for our phone lines, cable, networking, security and surround sound. Luckily he had a friend from work who has done this at least a couple times! The project took longer than expected and my husband was out there again today finishing things up by himself. So, while he spent time last week preparing and then working all weekend it was up to me to finish getting the house in better order for showing and pictures, which took place Sunday morning. What a relief to get it done, now just need to keep it up. Once the weather warms up there will be more to do (i.e. clean the outside of the windows and clean up the gardens). While my husband was gone all weekend and today I was stuck at home taking care of the kids (felt like a single mom!) and didn't have a car I could take both the kids in because my husband had my car with both car seats in it! I am dying to get out of the house tomorrow and do some much needed grocery shopping and possibly a few other errands.

With all this house stuff going on my son is asking a lot of questions. He's a talker to begin with, so the only peace in this house is when he is sleeping! Thank goodness for afternoon naps!! Sometime over the weekend I was working on stuff around the house and I think I was in my kids' bedroom and he starts asking, "are we taking the clothes to the new house?", "are we taking my stuffed animals to the new house?", can I take my blanket to the new house?" and the list goes on for quite a while. I'm sure at his age he doesn't understand everything that is going on, so I try to be patient, but my patience these days is wearing thin! He asks a lot of questions and doesn't stop until you answer him.

My daughter will be 1 at the end of the month. She's been crawling since around 6 months, pulling up on things around 7 months and started cruising a little shortly after that. At the nine month checkup the doctor asked if she was walking since she had been crawling since 6 months. She wasn't at that time, but has been working on it really hard these past couple weeks. She took her first steps probably about a month ago, but it was only 2 or 3 steps up until a couple weekends ago when my in-laws were in town and watched the kids so my husband and I could get some house stuff done without the kids. Today, instead of playing a lot, she was working on walking around the living and dining room. She'd pick something up and then walk. When she'd fall down she would get back up and try again. She's so cute when she walks and sometimes get's pretty excited and then falls to her bottom. Today she also started clapping her hands. I think she was sitting in her high chair when I looked over at her and she was done eating and started clapping her hands. She got pretty excited about that too! We worked on that some more today. She got a kick out of it!!

No comments: