Monday, February 9, 2009

Motivation....

The last few weeks I haven't been really motivated to blog! I've had a hard time since the holidays ended motivating myself to do too much. I got an order from my mom for a baby gift, plus wanted to make some things for the same person. The baby gift my mom order got done, but I ended up giving stuff from my stash because I just couldn't work quick enough!! Now, I'm trying to motivate myself to get a bunch of things done for a craft fair in March and today was unsuccessful!! I have a huge list of things I would like to get done, so hoping the rest of the week goes better!! Here are some pictures of things I've completed recently....

This first bag can be a small diaper bag or purse. It has two pockets on the outside, five elastic pockets on the inside and a zippered pocket the size on one full side of the bag. It was the trial run of a diaper bag my mom ordered. She wanted a small diaper bag to give as a baby gift. I LOVE this size bag, but wanted something a little bit bigger for the new mom, so I added a couple inches in both directions to the one I made for my mom to give as a gift.










The second diaper bag I made for my mom. She picked out the fabric and I made the diaper bag, which can later be used as a purse. It has a matching changing pad, dirty duds pouch and a diaper and wipes carrier (hold a travel wipes case and 4 diapers). Both diaper bags have a clip for keys, so they don't get lost in the purse!!









Here are the items I gave for the baby gift. Included are a small rag blanket, tag blanket and two burp/bib sets. I also include a few small purchased items and an embroidered onesie. I have a problem with going overboard on baby gifts and birthday gifts, but I LOVE making stuff and giving it away, so I don't see it as a problem!!










Next is a frog softie I made for my daughter. I also made one for my son, very similar, but different fabric for the feet and no initial. My kids love the softies and my daughter calls her frog woggie! She's have trouble with beginning sounds these days. We spent last week at my parents and she called my mom Ammy (Grammy). She's still a couple months away from 2! There are a few other softies I completed that I still need to get picks of and will post them at a later time...





Here are two reversible A-line dresses I started for my daughter before Christmas, but never finished. I was having trouble deciding what embroidery to put on each of the dresses and on top of all the Christmas gifts I was working on they never got finished. The first one is finished, but the second still needs the side hand stitched and the buttons and button holes put on. I decided on a heart for one of the dresses and a cross for the other, both from http://www.fivestarfonts.com/. I still have one other dress cut out that needs to be completed!! Maybe this week...

No comments: