Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Patterns

One of my goals for 2011 is to create some of my own patterns to use for products in my shop. I started working on my first 2 patterns and want to share my first test run. They are both for knits.....one for a dress/top and the other for some ruffle pants.

I got started playing around with knits/minky when friend showed me a picture of an outfit she and her daughter really liked. The outfit was not available in the size she needed for her daughter. I created this outfit from a photo and used no patterns. My friend and her daughter loved the outfit!! Here is the outfit for my friend's daughter....



Here is the first run of the patterns I'm working on....




2 comments:

Cole's Corner said...

Hooray! for you.
They look great.

I've been trying to draft some patterns, too... but it's been hard for me. How's it coming along for you?

jellaan said...

Thanks Nicole! :)

So far I have only made one size....next is to create a pattern with multiple sizes. I'll let you know how the next step goes! :) What part has been hard for you?