Friday, June 18, 2010

A Skirt and Pillowcase Dresses - Custom Order

I've been trying out some new style of skirts for my daughter to use as samples in my Etsy shop. I made one in white with some watermelon fabric first, then this week I finished this little one. They are so cute and and great for summer. I got the idea from the Made blog.


One of the moms from my son's preschool ordered three pillowcase dresses for her daughters (ages 5,6 and 13) to wear father's day and then on their vacation. The a friend from high school contacted me wanting to order a pillowcase dress for her daughter (age 9) to wear in a parade the end of the month. They younger girls have a ruffle on the bottom, but for the 13 year old we thought a band would be more appropriate. I also added a tie for her so it gives it a more grown up look. I can't wait to see her in the dress. Instead of using ribbon like I do a lot of the time for the pillowcase dresses I made fabric straps and love the look. The dress can be made to tie at the shoulder or in the back. For the 13 year old it ties in the back.


Pillowcase dress with a band on the bottom and tie in the back for a 13 year old.


Same dress as above, except this picture shows it with a tie around the waist.


No comments: