Thursday, June 3, 2010

It's Raining It's Pouring

I'm sitting here at my desk trying to motivate myself. It is pouring down rain outside!! When I checked the weather about an hour ago it looked clear for the rest of the day, but we all know how wrong the weather people can be sometimes!! I'm really glad I spent 3 hours outside today raking the garden to loosen up the weeds, pulling the weeds and then adding Preen in hope that the abundance of weeds will stop!! I thought I might head out more later to do some planting, but don't think that is going to happen now!!

I spent some time this morning (before heading out to the gardens) cutting out pieces for the Christening Gown my friend is having me make for her daughter out of her wedding gown. I spent several hours last night trying to determine the best way to cut out the skirt and realized I needed to take the trim off the bottom (and then reattach later). Now that I have most (or all.....need to double check what I have cut) pieces cut out for the dress I need to cut the rest of the pieces for the bonnet, shoes and bag (for storage). My friend is hoping this dress will be passed down through generations and I feel so privileged to have the opportunity to make this for her. She hopes their next child will be a boy and hopefully I'll get the opportunity to make the boy outfit as well!!

Off to take a short nap and then sew, sew, sew......need to have the gown and accessories in the mail Saturday or Monday since the Christening is next weekend!!

1 comment:

Ellie Inspired said...

Can't wait to see pic's!! I certainly don't envy you - I would be scared to death cutting into that wedding dress!! I'm sure it's going to be gorgeous.