Wednesday, May 27, 2009

need time for sewing.....

I had plans over the weekend and yesterday to do a bunch of sewing, but haven't had much success getting anything done! Yesterday I did get a pattern traced for a halter top for my daughter and got some pieces of fabric cut out for it last night, but that is as far as I have gotten. I did start on an order the end of last week for a diaper bag set, but that is sitting unfinished too. The outside of the diaper bag is done and the pockets and inside pieces are cut out, but still need to cut the fleece and stabilizer to sew in with the inside of the bag. I found my last swivel hook last night to use as a key clip inside the bag and got my zippers today at Joann's. Maybe tonight I'll get something done. I should be working on stuff right now, but I'm fighting a bit of a headache.....plus my kids should be up from naps any minute now! Here is the pattern I am working on for my daughter and the partially finished diaper bag.......



Several hours later I come back to this partial post to finish it off. My kids woke up from a nap and our friends invited us over for a short swim. At 5:00 we pull into the driveway at my friends' house and head to the pool to join in the fun.....it was lots of fun. The water felt cold when I first dipped in, but within minutes it felt wonderful!! Both kids got in the water, but my 4 year old son didn't last long. He tried a couple times, but I think it is going to take a little while to get use to the water again for him. My 2 year old daughter was hesitant at first and grabbed on tight when she first got in (even though she was ready to jump in all by herself before I was ready to get in!!). Within about 10 minutes she was swimming around in a floaty telling me not to touch!! Anytime I would put my hand on her floaty she'd tell me not to touch....she wanted to do swim/float around all by herself. I stayed close or had my friend close to her when I was working with her 6 year old on diving into the water. Anyway, I can't wait for the next swim!!

So, back to sewing....On Monday I went shopping with my best friend Paula and my 2 year old daughter. I'm making drapes for her family/living room, so she wanted to get the fabric while it was 50% off at Joann's. I didn't find anything at Joann's, although I did look for fabric to make myself some outfits. We headed Hancock after and there I found some black/white/red fabric to make myself a couple tops and some black fabric to make myself some capris. I have a feeling I'll be using whatever I have left to make some for my daughter, who insisted the fabric was for her! Here is one pattern I'm thinking of using for one of my tops. I'm not sure which view I'm going to use yet (maybe A or D). And the fabrics I bought to make myself some tops and a pair of capris.





I guess I better get busy sewing....

No comments: