Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th of July!!

We just got back late last night from a 10 day vacation. We left on June 23rd and spent 6 nights in Myrtle Beach, then headed up the coast to the Outer Banks (Duck, NC to be exact) and spent 4 nights at a rental house with my family. We had a great time and I'm happy to be home, but I do wish we had a few more days in the Outer Banks. The time flew by really fast and I didn't get to do a lot of things I would have liked to do. Both locations we spent just about every day at the pool or the beach. The beaches in Myrtle Beach were much nicer than the ones in Duck, but the beach in Duck wasn't bad either. I got lots of pictures, but didn't get the beach pictures I wanted of the kids in the outfits I made and the ones I embroidered for my Mom. The days got away from us and we didn't make it down to the beach in the outfits I made until it was almost dark. I took a ton, but there wasn't a lot of light. I haven't had a chance to see how those pictures turned out yet. The last day we never made it down to the beach for pictures (although we did swim for hours that day) so I took them outside the restaurant as we waited to be seated. The girls never got to wear the white dresses I made them, specifically for beach pictures!! Oh well, it was fun and hopefully I have some good pictures to show.

Today I plan on getting started on cleaning out the kids rooms to collect stuff for a garage sale I plan on having sometime this summer. The kids closets are over flowing and I can't stand the constant mess!!

Hopefully tonight we will get to watch some good fireworks and just relax!!

Happy 4th!! Hope you all have a wonderful day!!

No comments: